Cancer recovery is a complex, extremely challenging and emotional process filled with uncertainty.The good news is that when it comes to post-surgical rehabilitation, we can help.
Our physical therapists know what you are going through and regularly work with women who are in need of rehabilitation services.
Advanced Physical Therapy Solutions Provides a Variety of Therapeutic Services to Assist with Your Recovery
All patients start the rehabilitation process with a thorough initial evaluation. We will ask you questions about your health history, current condition, limitations with daily activities, and rehabilitation goals. We then perform a gentle physician examination to identify muscle, joint, skin, and lymphatic dysfunction.
Based on our assessment, we will share with you a personalized physical therapy treatment plan. Treatment may consist of one or more of the following:
- Manual Lymph Drainage mobilizations to stimulate lymph drainage and reduce swelling
- Bandaging, bracing, or compression garments to reduce lymphedema swelling
- Exercise to help reduce swelling, recover range of motion, and/or improve strength
- Skin care to reduce the risk of infection and maintain soft tissue health
- Referral for fitting of a compression garment to maintain edema reduction
- Education of the patient, family, and caregivers on a home program.
- The use of a lymphedema pump if indicated.